Who Is Skiver?
Skiver is a full-service ad agency in Costa Mesa, CA. Nimble and creative, we’ve had the fortune to partner with some amazing brands. We just added one more to the list, so we’re looking for some people to round out the team. We pride ourselves on being uncomplicated. In how we work. How we communicate. How we execute. It makes things a lot easier for everyone involved. But as we say, easy is hard. It takes a team of multitalented players with the experience and attitude to get stuff done and get it done well.
Designer needed to work on a national fast food account. Sweet spot is from 3-7 years experience. Obviously a great design sense is a must, but attention to detail and a good attitude are right there. There will be a lot of studio work. Like, we have to translate this creative into 18 different sizes of POP and bang out an eblast while you’re at it. But there will be fun stuff too. We will be creating tons of social content as well as TV. You will be part of a talented team that works fast and efficiently. We’re a boutique agency which means we wear a lot of hats so if you can bring something unexpected to the table, even better. If you’ve read this far, congrats. You will get bonus points for not starting your email with “To whom it may concern.” That’s not us. Re-read the job description. Check out the site and let us know if it sounds like you.
- Design original looks and resize existing creative in a variety of media including POP, print, digital, social, email.
- You will have the opportunity to work with other art directors and social media team to concept ideas and develop creative solutions.
- Assist in photo and video shoots.
- Get stuff done.
- 3-7 years experience as a designer. Fast food experience a plus, but not mandatory
- Strong understanding of print and digital production. You will be cranking out creative at a fast pace without a lot of handholding.
- A solid portfolio of work
- Technical proficiency in the Adobe Suite, especially InDesign and Photoshop.
- Anything else like photography or guitar skills would be awesome.
- A good attitude
Social Content Creator
We’re looking for a technical wizard and 5-tool player that can concept, photograph, video, edit and create Gifs for a national fast food account’s social media. This full-time staffer will be nimble, proactive, multi-talented and stoked to take this restaurant’s social content to the next level. You will work with art directors, our social media director and the client to create content for specific promotions and general brand engagement. Prior experience working with an ad agency not mandatory, but helpful in the sense that this is not a lone wolf position. You will be part of the team focused on solving problems and making awesome things.
- Create shot lists to prepare for shoots. Possibly rough storyboards if needed.
- Shoot still photos and videos for social media content. The shoots will be lifestyle and food-related
- Retouch photography
- Edit video for social content and digital pre-roll
- Create original Gifs
- Brainstorm with team to concept new ideas for social
- Proficiency in both still photography and video
- An understanding of lighting and composition, but an ability to move and work fast.
- A solid portfolio of work that shows your eye, timing and style
- Technically proficient in editing software (Adobe Premiere, Final Cut, etc)
- Animation/motion graphics skills (AfterEffects)
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite (primarily Photoshop) is a bonus
- A good sense of humor
- Ability to work well with a team
Skiver is looking for an Account Coordinator. The Account Coordinator needs to be a self-starter, a diplomat, and owner of projects. The ideal candidate is organized, creative, resourceful and be able to juggle multiple projects and accounts. Candidate must be well-versed in all that Microsoft Office has to offer, comfortable speaking on the phone with vendors, clients and the sandwich shop down the street. Knowledge of movie trivia and music is a plus. Most of all, live up to our company mantra of Uncomplicated.
- Support the team by asking “how can I help”
- Work with project managers, creative dept and clients to move client objectives forward
- Attend meetings, take notes, brief creatives
- Ask questions and be resourceful to provide the team with the info they need to get the job done.
- Be personally responsible for every project that leaves your and the agency’s hands. Ownership of projects is crucial.
- Create and assemble presentation materials
- Identify and act on business-building opportunities with our clients
- 1-3 years agency or client-side experience
- Have a solutions mindset – it’s up to you to solve problems
- Constant communications with your supervisors. Overcommunicate.
- Digital/Interactive/Social/Analytics expertise will be needed and gained.
- Production management knowledge (Digital, Print, Collateral, Broadcast)
- Ability to multi-task on more than one account or project at a time
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Think creatively and be proactive in every aspect of the job
- Not to be an order taker – Push back, respectfully, to produce the best possible product/solution.
- Take your work seriously but don’t take yourself too seriously